"You can take my body, put it in a boat, light it on fire, use the gasoline"
Willow Tree - Chad VanGaalen

Saturday 5 July 2008

So I Decided to Make a Change

The idea of a more open-ended blog is more attractive to me than one based solely on music. I would like to simply write what I want, rather than limit myself to one specific subject.

I'll still be focusing a lot on the music that I find interesting, but also be posting more about creative things that will not pertain to music whatsoever. I'm going to find a way to organize it as well. I love to express myself in different ways and I think I just have too much to say to limit myself.

The theme behind this blog is for me to share what I find with whomever wants to hear it. I'll write in and test out my own style for people who want to see something new. It'll be an experiment for me to see what I'm capable of. It won't be entirely open-ended; I will try to focus on creative thinking, art (in it's many forms), and current events. There will be undoubtedly be some random things scattered about in there, but I think those are important too.

I feel however that most of the time, I want others to experience the things that I find in their own way. That is why most of what I may post won't have much commentary on my part. I think that art is a mostly subjective experience, and I can only hope to share with you what I believe to be relevant to the progression of it. I sometimes feel the need to explain why and at other times I don't. If and when I do, I will, but I will try to keep it short and interesting. It is really up to you to decide what you like and don't like.

The idea of reviewing something artistic to persuade a reader to listen seems to me to be a trivial and futile gesture. Some people are very good at writing their opinion. Their opinion though, is just that. What they think. It's certainly not what everyone thinks.

Think what you will of whatever you want. That is the beauty of choice. You must not and should not adhere to any other opinion but your own. All that I ask is that you give things up here a try and if you have something to say, say it. Post a comment or email me. You could even bash me on your own blog. I don't care. I'll be able to cut down on the excess with your help.

Just check back when you can, and let me know what you think. The new address is http://whywastewords.blogspot.com/.

And thanks.

No comments: