"You can take my body, put it in a boat, light it on fire, use the gasoline"
Willow Tree - Chad VanGaalen

Monday 7 July 2008

Firefox 3.0 - The Awesome Bar

So I've been testing out the new Firefox 3.0 for a week or so now, and am liking some of the new additions.

The address bar has been turned into a powerhouse of a tool, and I learned what it was made of today. I had told my roommate about an article I had stumbled upon sometime this week, but couldn't remember the full name of it, nor where the damn thing had come from. All that I could recall was "America" or "American" in the title.

Before the "Awesome Bar" (as the Mozillas refer to it), I would have had to open up my history and scan through every website from the past few days, not knowing much of what I was looking for. The mighty Awesome Bar came in handy though, and after typing only "Ameri..." into the address bar of Firefox, the article was staring me in the face.

I'm sure I'll have more things to say about this newfangled contraption as time goes on. If you don't have Firefox already, be sure to download it when you can.

No comments: