"You can take my body, put it in a boat, light it on fire, use the gasoline"
Willow Tree - Chad VanGaalen

Sunday 9 March 2008

now playing - balmorhea


what is it about piano that always reels me in? i don't get it. the instrument has an overwhelming ability to sneak up behind me, put a bag over my face, tie me up and take me wherever it wants. it shows me ways to see things that i never would have imagined. it is true beauty.

this exact phenomenon is demonstrated succinctly in balmorhea's newest album rivers arms. i don't have to say much more, just that they meld instruments (piano, acoustic guitar, violin) together seamlessly. their delivery is top-notch. please, just let yourself get sucked into this stuff.

mptrees:

if you only knew the rain.mp3

stream the whole rivers arms album hear (last.fm)

myspace

official site

type: instrumental, ambient, acoustic, a little bit of jazz (but not a lot)

riyl: album leaf, the six parts seven, being told subtly that you need to rethink everything

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so great! :)