"You can take my body, put it in a boat, light it on fire, use the gasoline"
Willow Tree - Chad VanGaalen

Sunday 6 July 2008

Highly Recommended Music - Lovedrug

Lovedrug
A few years ago, I remember that the Militia Group was a powerhouse of a record label. Their arsenal of bands was unparalleled, and they seemed not to have been able to release anything less than stellar.

Enter Lovedrug, who upon first listen unimpressed me. The songs sounded drab, lacking emotion, and reminded me of Radiohead (not a fan). Slowly though, I grew to appreciate the band for what it was. The singer's ghostly vocals backed by powerful walls of guitars and piano proved to be sincere in delivery.

Their first album, Pretend You're Alive, is honest and unpretentious. They carved out a comfortable niche with that release. The second, Everything Starts Where It Ends, expands well on the ground they covered in the first, but doesn't do anything groundbreaking for the band or genre.

Their sound is unique, which I hope that they keep with upcoming albums. They have great potential to branch out and experiment with new styles, although they seem very comfortable in their current sound. I look forward to what's next.

<|Indie, Rock, Alternative|>

Official Site
Lovedrug Myspace

Ghost By Your Side - Video

No comments: